Dealing with side pains right side can be one tormenting thing if you don’t know what pain it is. The abdominal cavity holds various body organs that could be easily hurt thereby causing you pain. This article will try and analyze the various types of pain you need to be aware of.
It is hoped that with the information you will receive here, you will be in a better place to act wisely. Some pains may be mild while others intense. It is good to notice the exact location of the pain. Through identifying the position of the pain and reading this article you will be in a better place to make a decision.
Side Pains Right Side
The organs in your right abdominal side include: the liver, right kidney, adrenal gland, pancreas, abdominal muscles, right ureter, gall bladder, right ovary, right fallopian tubes, and right side skin among other organs. The pain could be caused by any of the organs and one needs to examine the details before resulting to any form of treatment, if unsure then you need to consult your family doctor.
Major Causes of Side Pains Right Side.
- Appendicitis: This is the inflammation of the Appendix, the Appendicitis which is mostly common amongst young adults and teenagers i.e between the ages of 12 to 30yrs. Symptoms of Appendicitis include: a strong sharp pain in the right side of your abdomen near your stomach. The pain caused by Appendicitis is mostly very intense and one needs to seek medical attention very fast.
- Kidney Stones: Kidney stones refer to crystalline stones formed when excess Urea in the body fails to be washed away. The stones may form in the right kidneys and result in pain and bleeding while urinating. Other symptoms of kidney stones include nausea, vomiting and unbearable right abdominal pain.
- Gall stones: They are crystalline stones formed in the gall bladder as a result of bilirubin and cholesterol mixture forming either in the gall bladder or gall duct. The gall stones end up blocking the gall canals. The symptoms include nausea, vomiting with the signs of dizziness, right back pain and sometimes spreads throughout the rest of the body. The pain is very excruciating.
- Pancreatitis: This is a disorder of the pancreas when pancreatic enzymes are released in the pancreas instead of the small intestines. The result is pains in the right side going up through the back. Symptoms involve vomiting and nausea, the pain may vibrate through the upper section of the back in varying intensity, some intense others a bit mild.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: This occurs in females, when implantation occurs in areas other than the womb/uterus. In most cases it happens in the fallopian tubes ( the right fallopian tube in our case). The egg once planted there starts growing and this could lead you into having a miscarriage. Symptoms include severe pain in the lower abdomen, dizziness and signs of body weakness. The patient could also experience some virginal bleeding. The one needs to rush to the nearest hospital as this could be end up being fatal. The pain is not restricted to the right side of the abdomen but depending on which fallopian tubes is carrying the fetus.
- Inguinal Hernia: This occurs when the contents of the abdominal cavity extend through the inguinal canal. The result is a painful bulge in the lower abdomen near the private parts. It mostly occurs in men than women (approximately 27% male and a 3%female cases). It is mostly corrected through surgery to place the contents in their rightful place.
- Other Causes like diverticulitis, cholecystitis, bowel cancer and GERD
Causes and Treatment of Side Pains Right Side
Many of the side pains right side are similar in the resulting pain, in most of them you experience pain either in the upper or lower side of the right abdominal quadrant. Many also give tendencies of vomiting, nausea and dizziness. You should get checked to establish the actual cause of the pain. One should never assume the pain and take medication without consultation.
We hope you have been able to find answers to some of your side pains right side here.